For every screening of THEDA musicians are invited by Georgina Starr to accompany the film and play live in the cinema space. The cinema venues are chosen to suit the spirit of the film. The first performance of THEDA was held at The Prince Charles, an old-style cinema in London's West End. On this occasion THEDA was accompanied by a 17 piece improvising orchestra. Since 2007 the film has been screened in London, New York, Toronto, Liverpool, Genova, Stockholm and Berlin. The most recent performance, at an original end-of-pier theatre in the seaside town of Bournemouth (The Pier Theatre), was performed by the German musician and soprano Sigune von Osten who composed a special soundtrack for voice and zheng.
• THEDA at The Prince Charles, London cinema programme • 2006
• Short interview with Starr on THEDA in Berlin • 2010
• Documentary on THEDA at The Pier Theatre, Bournemouth • 2011
• Live performance with Sigune von Osten • 2011
• Past & Future THEDA presentations • 2006-12